BotoxELEGANCE MEDICAL AESTHETICS
How Does BOTOX Work?
Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes that can occur over time, reduction of collagen, or damage caused by sun damage and the environment. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet.
What areas can be treated with BOTOX® and how many units will it require?
BOTOX® is best used as a treatment and preventative measure for wrinkles and lines caused by underlying muscle movement. Common areas treated by BOTOX (and amount of units required on average) include:
- Horizontal forehead line furrows (10-30 units)
- Frown lines that occur between the eyebrows (20 units)
- Crow’s feet beside the eyes (15-20 units)
- Lines beside and around the mouth (4-8 units)
- Gummy smile (BOTOX® can be injected into the upper lip, providing a subtle “flip” which relaxes the lip to allow for a less gummy smile and an overall fuller pout) (4-8 units)
- Masseter muscle (BOTOX® can be injected into the masseter – AKA jawline muscles, to help with slimming the face as well as migraines caused by teeth grinding) (15-20 units/per side)
- Hyperhidrosis/excessive sweating (BOTOX® required for this treatment may be covered under your drug plan. The amount of BOTOX® needed will be prescribed to you by the medical director and you will pick it up at the pharmacy. It is then injected by our physician injector. There is a $200 injection fee at our clinic for this treatment)
What is BOTOX®, and how does it work?
How soon will I see results and how long does BOTOX® last?
Does getting BOTOX® hurt?
The needles we use to administer BOTOX® are of a very fine gauge. Most patients are pleasantly surprised with the lack of pain, reporting the pain as a 1-2/10 (or that of a mosquito bite). If you are really concerned about discomfort, we can apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment. We have patients who experience a fear of needles who happily receive BOTOX.
How long does the procedure take?
How much does BOTOX® cost?
1-10 units: $11/unit
10-25 units: $10/unit
25-40 units: $9/unit
40+ units: $8.50/unit
Will I look funny or "stiff" after receiving BOTOX?
Real client results from Elegance Medical Aesthetics – same expression, two weeks apart after the administration of Botox Cosmetic in the forehead.